[X4U] Testing conection

Jan Melichar janmel at mac.com
Wed Jul 12 04:54:38 PDT 2006

I'm living with a long term problem with the internet connection at
my office - connection keeps dropping. I have have had a lot of
visits from telephone engineers who tell me that I have a very good
quality line but the line keeps dropping. :Last week I was told that
a circuit at the exchange has been changed and I have to say the
connection seems to be better but my 'ultimate' test is streaming
radio which keeps loosing connection with monotonous frequency (this
very rarely happens to me at home with the same ISP, router and
similar Mac setup and same radio station- yes I have tried different
pouters and the problem is the same)

I realise the problem could be with the BBC servers or the radio
stations connected via iTunes and any number of other things (even
though I do not get the same problem at home) so what I would like to
be able to do is have some means whereby I can monitor more
effectively whether I have a connection or not and that this can be
documented.Anyone with any suggestions on how this might be done.

Jab