[X4U] Handheld GPS threads - request for summary

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Tue Jul 18 15:26:53 PDT 2006

visit macupdate.com and versiontracker.com and search by "gps."
You'll find several 3rd party softwares. You'll probably need a USB
(Mac) to Serial (Garmin GPS) cable, but some of the software sellers
also have the cables.
You can also google gps mac or something similar and probably find
other sources for sw and cables.
Quite often, the 3rd party stuff is miles ahead of the stop-gap stuff
the hardware outfits cobble together.

On Jul 18, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:

> There has been at least a couple of hand held GPS threads on this
> in the past couple of months.  For the most part, I have seen
> recommendations for a brand called "Garmin".
>
> It was also stated that Garmin had not released OS X software but
> planned to soon.

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com