[X4U] 10.4.7 upgrade problem

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Jul 18 16:16:47 PDT 2006

On 7/18/06, eleventhvolume <colin at eleventhvolume.com> wrote, among other things:

> Oddly, I switched to a clean account, started up Disk Utility and the
> disk0s1 wasn't there - it only appears in my account. Likewise, Activity
> Monitor displays all my processes in the other account, but fails to do so
> via my own admin account. When I do a safe boot, the disk0s1 doesn't appear
> in Disk Utility, but Activity Monitor continues to not display my processes.
> It's a mystery.

If a clean account doesn't exhibit the behavior, the problem's within the
original account. Preferential Treatment might help. Otherwise, your best bet
is to create a new admin user account, reset your preferences, and eventually
delete the original account. Trying to track down the problem might not be
worth the effort.