[X4U] Connecting with Apple Remote Desktop

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 19 09:09:51 PDT 2006

On 7/17/06 7:40 PM, Philip J Robar <philip.robar at gmail.com> wrote:

> You also need to open port 5988 and some of the ports need to be
> opened for both TCP and UDP.
>
> http://how2s.org/index.php/
> Howto_get_Apple_Remote_Desktop_to_work_behind_a_router

Why do you need to open port 5988? That is not listed on the URL you gave.

I have Apple Remote Desktop Control turned on with VNC access enabled. I am
able to connect using Chicken of the VNC while on the local network, but
cannot achieve a connection via the Internet. Yes, I'm using dyndns and port
forwarding. I previously used OSXvnc but prefer to use built-in Mac
capabilities when possible.

--
Eddie Hargreaves