[X4U] Get Info or Show Inspector?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Tue Jul 25 11:22:04 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Just curious, When you do a Control-Click (Right Click if you have
that option) you can see "Get Info" amongst the list. If you press
the Option key "Get Info" changes to "Show Inspector" but as far as I
can tell they both bring up the same information window. What's the
difference between "Get Info" and "Show Inspector".

Actually, the same thing happens when you use the file menu. Hold the
Option key and "GI" becomes "SI"

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but with so many different
shortcuts and key commands there are always some that slip through my
memory cracks. For those looking for a way to have certain files
types always open with the same Applications, if you hold the Option
key "Open With" becomes "Always Open With" Which saves you the
trouble of Getting Info in the first place.

Thanks

Oh, yes. I'm on 10.4.6 just in case that makes a difference.

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com