[X4U] Black box appearing

Mac McIlvain sagebrush at gci.net
Wed Jul 26 15:33:38 PDT 2006

This happened to me last year. In addition to the black box, my
computer was speaking the text in the menu bars. It drove me
absolutely batty. After two days I was just about to reinstall my
complete system, when somehow I realized what it was. I don't
remember how I found it, but this is what has happened:

One of the items in Universal Access has been turned on. You likely
hit the shortcut key combination to enable this option.

Go to System Preferences/Universal Access/Seeing and turn VoiceOver
off and turn Zoom off.