[X4U] Echo in Skype

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Sun Jul 30 17:54:52 PDT 2006

Hi Paul,

If he's using the internal mike (PowerBook?) then that is where the echo
is coming from.

The audio is coming out of his speaker then being picked up by his mike.
If he put earphones on the echo would disappear. That's why he's not
getting echo from you.

Cheers,

Cojcolds

Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
31/07/06 10:50 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
[X4U] Echo in Skype

A friend has a PB G4 and when I speak to him via Skype and my G5 and
my headset and his internal mike, I get a lot of echo.
He doesn't hear any echo.  I'm the only one.  What do we (or he in
fact) to make the echo disappear?
He's the only one with this problem.  I don't have it with others who
also have a headset.
Is it necessary to have a headset?

Paul Moortgat