[X4U] Change video brightness on the fly

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Mon Jul 31 13:34:58 PDT 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:

>>> Interesting...what's the key combo for that?
>>
>> Look on your keyboard  - I don't use an Apple keyboard, but I think
>> it's F2 and F3. You'll see little light icons on the keyboard.
>
> ... if you're using a laptop.
>
> If you have a desktop there are no icons on the keyboard, but F14
> and F15
> lower and raise the brightness.
>
> --
> Eddie Hargreaves
Doesn't work here, Eddie.
FWIW, I'm using a G5 PowerMac 1.8GHz, and a KDS Visual Sensations 17"
Monitor - non Apple monitor.  That's probably the reason.  I'm
connected from the CPU case to the monitor with that doo-hickey that
converts from pc-style connector to Mac-style.

Also, I don't think that raising the brightness on the monitor will
have any effect on the playback of my mpg's.

--
Thanks,
Charles