[X4U] iMovie problems

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Thu Jun 1 07:31:04 PDT 2006

---- Gerry Van Tol <vantol at mac.com> wrote:
> I recently bought a 20" iMac with 1GB RAM. I like to make small
> movies with still photo's, kind of like slide shows but a bit more
> advanced. My previous PC (Windows Movie maker) couldn't handle the
> size of my CANON EOS pictures. I thought my new Apple hardware could
> but to my consternation also iMovie decides to be very unstable. When
> my slideshow reaches 4GB, the program decides to stop and abandon
> spontaneously.  Cutting the slide show in smaller pieces brings
> another problem by combining them again into one movie via iDVD. Is
> there anybody out there who can give me some ideas how to solve this
> problem?

What is the size of the photos you are using?

How many pictures are in the slideshow?

What version of iMovie are you using?

Have you tried creating a slideshow with iPhoto and exporting that to iDVD?

Are you saving the iMovie project to you internal hard drive, or to an external drive?
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net