[X4U] Waking up with your Mac

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Tue Jun 6 07:02:12 PDT 2006

I though it would be interesting to see what other casual users do
when they sit down at their Mac for the first time every day.

I'll start...
First I read my email.  I'm subscribed to X-4u, X-unix, X-newbies,
FreeBSD-questions and FreeBSD-Announce.  I also get root's mail from
2 FreeBSD servers on the home lan.

Next, I read my rss news in NetNewsWire.  There was a thread about
great feeds to read a while ago, so I won't go into that.

Then I read the news, sports, weather and a few comics on my Yahoo
start page.
Next, I check the new posts on a barbecue forum I'm a member of.
Then I read the interesting stories on digg.com.

Then I check the AdSense stats for my website, then the referrals
from SiteMeter, then the awstats report.

By that time, I've had 2 cups of coffee and am sufficiently awake to
fix anything that needs attention on the servers.

I do this every day, and then get down to whatever else...
What do you do?

--
Thanks,
Charles