[X4U] How do I stop PDFs from opening?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Jun 8 18:01:38 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 03:25:27PM CDT, Mark Des Cotes <mark at astroprinting.com> wrote:
:
: How do I stop PDFs from automatically opening when they finish
: opening? I have a site that I have to download several customer PDFs
: on a regular basis. I navigate to the site and click on each link to
: download the PDF. The problem is that as soon as a PDF finishes
: downloading it opens up and Acrobat pops to the front which is very
: annoying. I have to close the PDF file, switch back to Safari to
: click on the next link. Sometimes another PDF will open before I have
: a chance to click on the next one. I'd really like to stop the PDF
: from opening but I'm not sure where to do it.

I have the PDF Browser Plugin installed, so PDFs downloaded
are immediately viewed in the browser in-line.  But I'm an
OmniWeb user (doesn't really matter, it behaves the same as
Safari with the plugin installed, but I figure it's time to
plug OmniWeb again :-).  With Safari, use Safari Enhancer
to force downloads of all PDFs.  That might work.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/