[X4U] Battery Capacity Question

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Jun 12 04:09:23 PDT 2006

Stroller said:

>Apple's laptops have been using Lithium-Ion (Li-on) batteries for at
>least 2 years (maybe 3 or 4); this type is said to be much less
>susceptible to "charging memory" or loss of performance with ageing
>than older models of battery.

Apple, and other manufacturers, go through some interesting symantic
gyrations to try and tell us that Li-Ion batteries don't suffer from a
memory effect and that they don't need to be conditioned.  Yet they then
turn around and suggest that we fully discharge Li-Ion batteries before
recharging them, and that every now and then that they will benefit from
some "indexing" cycles.  However the indexing cycling probably has more
to do with the energy conservation logic in the battery or the laptop
than it has to do with the battery itself.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html