[X4U] quicktime streaming server without os x server

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 12 07:20:05 PDT 2006

On 12 Jun 2006, at 13:37, Kansas Territory wrote:

> I'm wanting to try out the quicktime streaming server software. But
> currently I'm not running OSX Server.
> Just running the latest OSX on an iMac G5
>
> Is this possible, or do you HAVE TO HAVE osx server ?

The first result from http://www.google.com/search?q=quicktime
+streaming+server is http://www.apple.com/quicktime/streamingserver/

That page states:

    QuickTime Streaming Server System Requirements

    - Mac OS X Server v10.4 (or later)

    - Xserve, Power Mac (G5, G4 or G3), iMac, eMac or Mac mini computer;
    128MB of RAM, at least 256MB of RAM for high-demand servers running
    multiple services; built-in USB; 4GB of available disk space.

You should probably look at Darwin Streaming Server, "the open source
version of Apple's QuickTime Streaming Server technology that allows
you to send streaming media to clients across the Internet using the
industry standard RTP and RTSP protocols". http://developer.apple.com/
opensource/server/streaming/index.html
This mailing list might be worth a look: http://lists.apple.com/