[X4U] Re: Any legal restrictions on CD songs as gift loaded on iPod

Ton Ensing ensing at mac.com
Fri Jun 16 05:18:39 PDT 2006

I'd say that 'keep the original' is the main issue here. If you
delete the bought digital items from your computer I'd say it's all
perfectly legal. If you supply a backup CD with the gift, that's
legal too, as the items are transferred to the new owner (who can
legally make a backup copy for him/herself).
Technically you're still the buyer of the songs of course, but I see
no problem there. That's what happens when you give something to
someone else (just like giving a regular CD).

Ton

>>> Yes. A “backup” of the CD is for your personal use, not for