[X4U] Any legal restrictions on CD songs as gift loaded on iPod

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Sat Jun 17 16:42:41 PDT 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 10:31 AM, John Richardson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted an opinion before I sent anything. Just being lazy and not
> wanting
> to read every legal document. I'll send the iPod (unopened in it's
> box) and
> research the issue further. Thanks.
>
> The original post was at 6:11PM PST and it's 10:30AM PST now.
>
> Glad to have provided the list with it's Friday thrill
> thread..........
>
> John F. Richardson

*
John:  I sent a brief write-up on the definition of 'fair use', but
it wasn't brief enough.  The moderator likes posts that are less than
about 5K bytes;  mine was a bit over 10k.  (Must be a Berkeley guy :-)

The gist was this:

Take a look at the Stanford Law School library's site on "Copyright
and Fair Use":

     http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/
chapter9/9-a.html

This gives a brief and easy-to-understand definition of 'fair use'.

Cheers,

earle
*