[X4U] OT: Question on cross posting and copyright infringement

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Jun 20 09:00:08 PDT 2006

On 20/6/06 11:35 AM, "Linda" <XPressoBean at mac.com> wrote:

> On 6/20/06 10:29 AM, Richard Gilmore wrote:
>
>> It's analogous to
>> digital vs. analog re-recording.
>
> Are you saying because it's easy to steal digital music, that it's okay too?
> Is that how it's similar?

I'm not saying it's "ok" or not but it's easier, cheaper and better
looking/sounding than has ever been possible ever. And more importantly so
easy to redistribute. And since it is next to impossible to police/prohibit
how is copyright relevant today? I'm asking the question I don't have an
answer. It's all about money I suppose as long everyone gets their cut they
don't care. But if you're some broke kid in Idaho downloading music and
burning a CD how are you going to get money out of him/her? That's what
record companies hate.

Richard