[X4U] Napster purchased songs cannot be converted to AAC

Karen and Tim Schneider karentim at qwest.net
Fri Jun 23 08:30:16 PDT 2006

Can you convert them to mp3?  If so, they will play just
fine on an iPod.

I do this all the time, even with stuff purchased from
the iTunes Music Store (ITMS)

When I get critical mass (a few CD's worth)  burn them
to an audio cd, then re-rip them back in as mp3.

viola.. no more DRM.

I do this so I can play the songs off a CD (as mp3 files)
in my car stereo's  (Pioneer and Rockford Fosgate)

Yeah, I know there is a bit of 'loss' in there when converting
back and forth, and it is a pain (wastes a CDR blank) but
is worth it for being able to use my purchases when/where I
want.

Many of the so called music 'services' out there dont even
give you this sort of freedom.

The ones that do, usually have crappy catalogs  (eMusic
comes to mind)  I had 100 free songs with them, and
had to *really* *really* work to download all 100 prior
to the end of the trial subscription. (and I dont have very
picky tastes.. I tend to like a lot of different types of
music)

my .02 worth

-tim