[X4U] Tolerance (was Spotlight and Address Book- Strange Behavior)

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Mon Jun 26 08:21:50 PDT 2006

On Jun 26, 2006, at 6:23 AM, DZ-Jay wrote:

> This is not a matter of "intolerance", as you claim, for it is not
> tolerance but apathy that is exercised when such errors are ignored.
>
> 	dZ.
>
> On Jun 25, 2006, at 05:44, Lee Licata wrote:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I posted an observation about Spotlight and Address Book that I
>> thought was a little strange.
>>
>> While there was no one on the list that could explain the problem,
>> my English errors became a topic of discussion.
>>
>> For those who want to participate on the Web and in forum
>> discussions, English is the predominate language.
>>
>> For those people where English is NOT their native language, it is
>> hard to master.
>>
>> Therefore, I expect errors will be made.
>>
>> Public destructive criticism just raises the fear factor when
>> there is a desire to post.
>>
>> Private constructive criticism usually is welcomed.
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> Ankara, Turkey

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that is all it is--just
that one individual's opinion, whether informed or not. Here's mine.
When I read or listen to someone's English, and English is not their
first language, I simply think how wonderful it is that they are able
to communicate--at all--in a language foreign to them. Because I
cannot. This is neither tolerance nor apathy. It is simply being
understanding.

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com