[X4U] bluetooth phone

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Jun 28 03:20:17 PDT 2006

On 28 Jun 2006, at 08:59, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> Have a bluetooth enabled phone that is not iSync compatible. Is
> there any way to access the phone through the computer to copy
> photos off the phone? I suppose the question really is whether
> there's any work around iSync? And why doe a bluetooth-capable
> phone need o be iSync compatible?

As Alexandre says, it doesn't need to be iSync compatible for this -
bluetooth protocols allow for a device to offer a number of different
services and the one used by iSync is different for the one used by
file-transfers.

Once you have paired the phone with the Mac using the Bluetooth Steup
Assistant it may be possible to transfer the file in a number of ways
- by browsing the phone from the Mac, by browsing the Mac from the
phone, or by using the phone to "beam" the file to the Mac. Depending
on the phone some or all of these options may be available & work.

Stroller.