[X4U] Soundflower

..lj darwin at ljsworld.com
Wed Jun 28 09:04:44 PDT 2006

On Jun 28, 2006, at 07:26, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> When I opened the sound in the System Prefs, I found a Soundflower
> file as one of the options.  I had never heard about this and I
> don't know how it got there.  Therefor I searched the internet and
> found <http://www.cycling74.com/downloads/soundflower> which
> doesn't make me much wiser.  It works, but I don't really know what
> to do with.
> Can I leave it in the System Sound?  It doesn't do any harm I
> think.  Not I can see.
> What I most wander about is how it got there.
>
> Paul Moortgat

It can be used to record sound from multiple inputs. For example your
microphone and a skype input stream to record both halves of a
conversation. I ran across it reading instructions for creating a Pod-
cast. It was free and I had 5 minutes of boredom, so I installed it.
However I never got around to using it. I suspect you installed it
thinking it sounded useful and then forgot about it.

It shouldn't do any harm installed in your system and some day you
might want to do something with it.
..lj

Software can be toys too.