[X4U] Tolerance (was Spotlight and Address Book- Strange Behavior)

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Jun 28 13:48:32 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 01:58:27PM CDT, William Scammell <bill at wscd.biz> wrote:
: On Jun 28, 2006, at 12:45 PM, Eugene wrote:
: >On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 08:44:55AM CDT, Robert Ameeti wrote:
: >:
: >: Using the excuse of 'english as a foreign
: >: language' does not explain away the laziness
: >: shown by purposefully not using correct
: >: capitalization. That is pure laziness.
: >
: >I always found capitalization to be a useless feature of
: >the English language.  Apple must certainly agree with me,
: >because HFS+ is case-insensitive.  :-)
:
: :)  yeah, but Unix and OS X was designed by engineers, not English
: majors.  :)

Gawd, this sounds like a setup for a computer joke...
"If an operating system was designed by English majors,
what would it be like?"

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/