[X4U] Including linux machines on an Airport Extreme Network

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Jun 30 07:57:41 PDT 2006

Thanks Stroller.
Since I'm blind I use the command line; there's some accessible gnome
development but I don't use it. I'm not sure how to set the
encryption from the linux end and I'm wondering, since I have my
airport set up to require a password when joining the network, will I
be asked for the password when I reboot with the card installed or is
there something I'm going to have to do to make this happen? If this
is too OT for a Mac list you're welcome to respond privately, but if
you can give me more specific pointers as to how I get joined to the
network I'd appreciate it. I'm trying this first with the laptop and
I'm using debian and have the madwifi packages installed.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,