[X4U] Browser for ftp?

jessup at san.rr.com jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Mar 2 12:47:27 PST 2006

Joe Block wrote:

>> But at work, if I put "http://[myhomeipaddress]/dav" into a
>> browser, it fails to reach the dav folder saying something about
>> the client could not connect to the remote folder.
>
> Check that your port-forwarding is working. From home visit http://
> grc.com & see what ShieldsUp! reports of port 80, or from work
> `telnet myhomeipaddress 80`.

Check that your broadband provider isn't blocking port 80. I ended up
having to move my home server to a different port because Brighthouse
was blocking 80.

I will. But could you explain about this? If they were blocking port 80,
how would I be able to use the internet? (sorry to display raw ignorance so
blatantly!)

Also: if I do end up having to move the server to a different port, how
would I do that, if the answer isn't too complicated?

Daly