[X4U] Apple's Address Book and autofill...

Vince Lewis vplewis at mac.com
Fri Mar 3 10:59:13 PST 2006

List,

On Mar 3, 2006, at 9:03 AM, Lee Licata wrote:

> Björn and to the list,
>
> In the old Address Book version, when I use to type an address or a
> city, or country, the first few letters would bring up a suggestion
> for the address or city or country.
>
> Now, it now longer does that.
>
> I miss that!
>
> Björn, hope this clears this up.
> Lee

I can confirm both the existence of this feature in Panther and it's
absence in Tiger. My guess is that it was causing data-entry errors
because tabbing to the next field locked in the suggestion, even if
it was the wrong suggestion. I'd like to see it return to Address
Book in the same manner that Mail.app and iTunes does it—type a few
letters and they generate a drop-down list of choices.
ciao,
Vince