[X4U] DSL versus Cable ??

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Mar 8 11:29:01 PST 2006

Vern Andrews said:

>Presently I have DSL with Pacbell (SBC) on my iBook G4 (Tiger
>10.4.5). I'm considering switching to cable. Has anyone had
>experience with both DSL and cable? Just how much of a difference is
>there really?

I've had both.  Cable can *theoretically* give you more speed than DSL,
but it really depends on the service you are purchasing.  Locally to me,
for the same price as DSL, cable modem service was about the same speed.
However, I went for a more expensive account, and so my cable service is
quite a bit faster than my DSL was.

Check out:

http://www.dslreports.com

for comparisions and reviews of all of the different broadband services
available in your area.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html