[X4U] Upgrading an older iBook query

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Thu Mar 9 12:24:24 PST 2006

A friend of mine wants to know what it would take to update her old
iBook.

I instructed her to provide me with the System Profile information
and here are the results:

She's currently running OS X 10.2.8 with only 128 MB of ram.  It's a
900 MHz machine with 512K L2 cache.  The machine model is version
2.3.   Can anyone tell me how old or exactly what year this model
is?  Alternatively, does anyone know the link to a website that will
provide this info?

I literally just went through a similar scenario with another friend,
upping the memory in her old HP Pavilion laptop, which drastically
improved the performance.

For the iBook, I would recommend maxing out the memory (as much as
she can afford) and bringing the OS up-to-date.

Thanks,

-Steve