[X4U] DSL versus Cable ??

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Sat Mar 11 08:56:11 PST 2006

On Mar 11, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Bill Calamita wrote:

> High-speed internet service (for residential service) doesn't get
> get near
> that fast in the US.
>
> 5-6Mbs for cable and 2-3 Mbs for DSL is about as fast as it gets here.

over here in switzerland, swisscom (our national telephone company)
is upgrading the consummer adsl package to 3mbs, up from 700kbs. they
still have the last-mile monopoly so they can do more or less what
they want…

so, we  still envy our french neighbours and their 20mbs connections…

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.5 ::