[X4U] Compare folders

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Sat Mar 11 11:43:13 PST 2006

> If the folders do not have children (no sub Folders) then the
> easiest way make sure Dir2 has every file in Dir1 is to use mv
>
> e.g.
>
> mv -i * ../Dir2/

I assume that at first you do "cd Dir1". After that this command will
move any file from Dir1 to Dir2 unless the file already exists in
Dir2. In that case it asks whether you want to move or not. I am not
sure how that is supposed to help with either synchronizing two
folders or comparing folder so that they are in sync. Maybe that can
be clarified.

Björn