[X4U] Help is not working

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 12 10:58:41 PST 2006

At 8:44 PM +0200 3/12/06, Lee Licata wrote:
>I apologize in advance. I know this topic was discussed, but I just
>cannot remember the solution.
>
>My "help" is broken.
>
>I went to Ichat help and typed in a search item.
>
>The help topic came up. When I clicked on it, it did NOT go to the
>help topic but went back to the main opening page.

What I did recently to solve "missing help" was to go to
~/Library/Caches/ and delete com.apple.help.ui, and then go to
~/Library/Preferences/ and delete com.apple.help.plist and
com.apple.helpviewer.plist.

That fixed it for me. That was all I could remember of others' more
technical suggestions. But maybe this is enough to get you going
again?

Daly