[X4U] iPhoto 5 and Greeting Cards

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 19 19:00:00 PST 2006

On 2/28/06 7:12 AM, Charles Howse <chowse at charter.net> wrote:

> I have iPhoto 5.0.4, and have read the Help that displays when
> searching for 'greeting cards'. Not much help.
>
> What I want to do is print those cheesy greeting cards that we all
> get from people with digital cameras.  You know, the ones that say,
> "Merry Christmas from the Jones'" in nice, red text.
> The default greeting card style just prints the picture, nothing else.
>
> Am I missing something in iPhoto, or do I need a plugin, or some
> other software?

iPhoto 6 is the first version where you can order greeting cards using
pre-designed Apple templates.
http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/features/cards.html

As to iPhoto 5, it will print out in the dimensions of a greeting card, but,
as you noticed, does not allow you to truly design them.

The cheesy greeting cards you speak of are not limited to people with
digital cameras. My family has been receiving such cards for years before
the advent of the digital camera.

--
Eddie Hargreaves