[X4U] Firefox Bug -- Windows Freezing

Jeff Winchester jeffw at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 1 17:37:17 PDT 2006

On Apr 28, 2006, at 5:59 AM, DZ-Jay wrote:

> I'm giving it a shot, thanks!  Hopefully it'll fix a long-standing
> grip I've had with form widgets in Firefox on MacOS: that the
> <select> boxes do not get focus when I "tab" through the page.

This can be accomplished through a simple setting change in Firefox.
I don't recall where I read this, but I nearly ditched Firefox in the
beginning before I found this tweak was possible.

1. In Firefox, enter "about:config" in the address bar and press Enter.
2. Find the setting for "accessibility.tabfocus" in the list.
3. Enter a "7" for the value and press Enter.

You should now be able to tab between all page elements, including
<select> lists.

--
Jeff Winchester
jeffw at tampabay.rr.com