[X4U] Multiple Copies of E-Mail Messages ... Help !!

Barbara Alfors balfors at kaadesigngroup.com
Mon May 1 19:19:45 PDT 2006

on 4/30/06 3:18 PM, Vern Andrews wrote:

> I tried the Mail Script, which works, but is nearly as slow as
> deleting the thousands of multiple copies manually. So that really
> isn't a very good option. What else can I try, to stop the duplicate
> e-mail messages?
>
> I've reset the Mail settings to delete the messages from the server
> after one week. One day is too short of time for me to get the
> messages downloaded to both my laptop and external HD. Three days
> would probably be ok, but the only choices are: right away, one day,
> one week, and one month.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.
>
> -- vja4Him

Hi Vern,

I don't know about the duplicate messages, but the lack of "leave on server"
choices in Apple Mail is why I use Entourage in OS X.  It's similar to
Outlook Express, and has the (to me, indispensable) feature of being able to
delete messages from server individually *but* without "deleting from
server" all deleted messages.

This means I can delete spam from the server from either home or office, and
not have to download it again, and I can delete delete office-related
messages from home and *still* be able to download them at the office
(because deleted messages are still left on server for the specified number
of days).  Keeps my home email much neater and saves lots of time by only
deleting the spam once.

Just my two cents.

-Barbara