[X4U] What Is IMAP ?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed May 3 18:19:56 PDT 2006

Daly Jessup said:

>I use MailSiphon for this purpose.

Unfortunately the company that makes Mail Siphon, Maliasoft, seems to be
out of business.  Their Web site has been down for several months.  It's
too bad, it was a great product.

http://www.maliasoft.appeule.com/us/mailsiphon.html

Fortunately you can still download Mail Siphon from places like TuCows.

>For instance, sometimes someone
>has a big email stuck on their server, making their mail frozen,
>unable to download. I use MailSiphon to simply acces the mail on
>their POP server, and delete any obviously overlarge messages with
>attachments, and their mail is then miraculously able to function
>again.

Also, recently, there have been a number of malicious e-mails sent out
that will crash some e-mail programs during downloading just by the use
of certain characters in their subject line.  Mail Siphon or a similar
program easily fixes this by deleting the message on the POP server.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html