[X4U] Re: What Is IMAP ?

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Sun May 7 15:57:24 PDT 2006

Randy Guru, et All
G'day!, and sure do hope that someone from the Apple Team is here
with Us reading on this thread..., altho my focus is on POP...

On May 08, 2006, at 02:38 AM,
x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 17:26:22 -0700
> From: Randy B.Singer
> Subject: Re: [X4U] Re: What Is IMAP ?
> To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
> 	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> Cornett said:
>> And Randy, I do plan and hope to continue using Mail, and perhaps
>> Apple will kindly fix whatever funkiness there still is in v1.3.11
>> (v622/623) for us not apt to go on up to Tiger, or is this just a
>> pipedream wish?
>
> I haven't seen Apple issue many fixes for software that is part of a
> discontinued OS.  But when they do, it is usually a security fix.  So
> its
> hard to say.
>
> Have you been experiencing many crashes using Mail.app?

Just those 3 or 4 times several days ago already spoken of, and
another just yestarday(or the day before possibly?, weekends are
rough) , but I've learned; to keep my Inbox free as possible of
unread, unanswered mails, and file all the rest in folders, to
be ready for the next on the horizon undue/untimely ugly crash,
where trashing the Inbox.mbox and MessageUidsAlreadyDownloaded
file for that Mail account become a necessity(read PITA) to do
all over again to be able to get back up and working.

Once again; let me say, I'm hoping that the problem lies in my
choices in Preferences of chosen Fonts(or someother setting) ,
for an easy fix for this problem, because I'm unable to find
the offending culpret viewing them going in thru Safari and
the webmail UI. Am, still looking for some insight on what to
look for though. TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
cornettATgolDOTcom