[X4U] "Searching" question under 10.4

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 00:10:47 PDT 2006

On 5/8/06 11:27 PM, Brett Conlon <brett.conlon at sonydadc.com> wrote:

> I sware I tried that a few weeks ago and did a search for a specific file
> name I could see in the /Library folder but the result came up empty. I
> must have been doing it incorrectly somehow - the folders in the
> "Others..." window were even ticked.

You might not have been doing it incorrectly. I've typed filenames into the
searchbox in the toolbar and gotten zero results when I just saw one or more
files with those words in the folder itself. Spotlight is incredibly flaky.

> I can't manage to do any of the following:
> * Sort the result into one long list (removing them from their categories)

Press Command-2 to view the results in List View. Or click on the List View
icon in the window toolbar.

> * Sort them chronologically. I can't click on anything to sort them.

After setting the view to List, click the Date Modified column header.

> * Search via a time. "Today" is the closest to NOW incriment it currently
> allows. Since I can't order them chronologically I would have liked to
> have changed the search criteria to anything modified within the past hour
> or better, 10 minutes...

Yeah, that's pretty lame.

> Why did Apple remove so much of the flexibility of the previous Find?

Why did they remove A LOT of features that existed prior to Tiger?

--
Eddie Hargreaves