[X4U] Web design and lay out program?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue May 9 16:33:18 PDT 2006

Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu said:

>I am looking for some recommendations for a basic web design and layout
>program. It doesn't need to be all that loaded with features. I am mainly
>looking for something comparable to MS Front page for PCs but for Mac. Anyone
>have any recomendations besides dreamweaver?

If you want something that isn't complex (and ridiculously expensive),
check out:

NVU (FREE and open source)
http://www.nvu.com/
Nvu is based on Gecko, the layout engine inside Mozilla; it's a
super-fast, very reliable, standards conformant engine maintained on a
daily basis by a wide community of developers. It supports  XML, CSS and
JavaScript.

RAPIDWEAVER LITE/PRO ($35)
RapidWeaver  was specifically designed with ease-of-use in mind, making
it great for the average user and pro web designers rushing to meet a
deadline.  RapidWeaver  will enable you to create a fully working web
site in minutes. No knowledge of HTML is required.   RapidWeaver
includes over 20 customizable web designs.
<http://store2.esellerate.net/store/ProductInfo.aspx?StoreIDC=STR1403417896
&SkuIDC=SKU3598944496&pc=>

FREEWAY EXPRESS ($79), a version of the pro-level WYSIWYG program for
ordinary users, with a simplified interface and many web site templates.
http://www.softpress.com/en/freeway/express

SITE STUDIO (FREE) from Dot Software is a web-authoring program based on
themes. With a single window interface, the program includes plug-ins for
an image gallery, a weblog, a WYSIWYG editor, an HTML editor, an external
file tool, and a hyperlink tool. It also offers two-layer web sites,
one-click FTP and .Mac uploading, and drag-and-drop arrangement of pages.
http://www.dotsw.com/sitestudio/
You  can get free Registration Name and Serial Number for it here:
<http://store2.esellerate.net/store/catalog.aspx?s=STR841072449&pc=>

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html