[X4U] "Searching" question under 10.4 [NOISE]

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Tue May 9 16:42:38 PDT 2006

So Mr Gilmore, are you calling me novice, stupid and an idiot???

... just checking...

Coj

Richard Gilmore <rgilmor at uwo.ca>

On 9/5/06 3:10 AM, "Eddie Hargreaves" <meged at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Why did they remove A LOT of features that existed prior to Tiger?

Like what? But probably because they confused a lot of novice (stupid)
users. I work teaching tech illiterate people how to use computers and if
you give too many options to people they will click and click and click
mindlessly until they've totally buggered up the system. I honestly don't
know what some people are thinking when they do things but I've seen
people
cripple systems by doing whatever things and when you ask them they blame
the machine and have no idea what they did. The paradox is though if you
remove features that confuse people they'll kick and scream and claim Macs
are stupid and limited and they'll demand the options and choice back.
People want choice but when they get it they either don't know what to do,
never use the functionality or bugger the computer. I hate them. But
software designers should spend time with novice users to learn their
psychology and what they do, click and why so they can design better
interfaces and more idiot proof systems.

My 2 cents

Richard