[X4U] "Searching" question under 10.4

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Wed May 10 00:08:21 PDT 2006

Hi! List,

I have been following this thread quite closely.

So, I tried something.

I went to my hard drive, System> Library> CFMSupport and picked the
file "CarbonLib" as an guinea pig.

I then went to Spotlight to search that file.

Nope, Nada, never found.

Then, using the Find command, did the same.

Same results.

Then, as suggested by a previous poster, reconfigured a specific Find
routine where I manually entered both the System folder and the
Library folder as specific places to search.

Re-performed the search.

Nope, Nada, etc. etc.

So, am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to search? Or,
did Apple just make searching/finding such files not possible?

Lee