[X4U] re: Virtual Web Terminal

Vicki Allwardt vallwardt at mac.com
Thu May 11 12:17:42 PDT 2006

Actually, I need merchant services and would like to use my computer
instead of a machine.  I was talking about the whole service,
gateway, etc.  I have searched it out and may end up going with
PayPal.  I don't generate enough income at this point to justify $45
in monthly fees for statements, minimum usage, etc.  PayPal has a new
Web Pro program for estores.  There seem to be lots of shopping carts
you can use, free and otherwise.

Web pages:  I am new at this and have only used Dreamweaver and
FreewayPro4 (Softpress.com).  I do like Freeway, but using it is
different than Dreamweaver, so more learning involved.  However, it
is friendly, and they have a wonderful support system on line.  I
think you can download a preview.  I purchased it through Academic
Software, so it was a little less than full price.

What do you mean by "virtual web terminal"?  Are you talking about
something
like Terminal.app that runs in a Web Browser?  If so I believe there
is a
freeware Java app that does VT100 emulation.

Any idea how it compares to Adobe GoLive CS, especially on the ease
of use?
I miss Adobe PageMill 3!  I really wish Adobe would create a native
Mac OS X
version, but sadly they abandoned the product long ago :   Zane

Vicki Allwardt
http://folkhearts.com