[X4U] Duplicate Copies of Messages .....

Jim pantheribook at pacbell.net
Fri May 12 09:16:55 PDT 2006

Yeah, this problem of receiving duplicate copies of messages is
becoming extremely annoying, and very time consuming. It happens with
both ISPs (Pacbell and Clearwire), and even with newly created e-mail
addresses. I don't see any duplicate messages on any of the servers.
I've carefully checked all the rules, and the only rule that I'm
using is Move.

I've called Apple, Clearwire, and Pacbell, and tech support has no
clue what is going on! Could this be some kind of a new virus?

I've been running Mail Script, but I can only run that at night when
I'm sleeping, because it takes way too long. And when I run Mail
Script, it uses too much of the processor, so everything else runs
painlessly slow ........ So, the Mail Script is really not a good
enough solution to finding duplicate messages. I still have to deal
with the problem of receiving duplicate messages everyday .......

I've only experienced this problem with duplicate messages recently,
on both my laptop, and the external hard drive. It started about six
weeks ago. Has never happened on my ancient PowerMac 7300/500, which
has downloaded probably over 100,000 messages in the past five years,
using Netscape Mail, Eudora, and Outlook Express, with no problems! I
love my old PowerMac. Too bad that it can't run OS X.

-- vja4Him