[X4U] Safari problems

railfan at telus.net railfan at telus.net
Sat May 20 21:29:19 PDT 2006

My daughter is using my 6 yr old iBook 366SE, with 320MB RAM. She has OS X 10.3.9
and a cable modem connected via Airport.

When she surfs the web using Safari v1.3.2, after about 10 minutes, the pages no
longer load. She needs to quit Safari, close the clamshell, wait a few minutes then
go and start Safari again, for another 15-30 minutes of surfing. She reads her email
from her webmail and prefers it that way.

I know Safari can be a memory hog, and with only 320 MB RAM, but are there any
things I can do to stop or atleast mitigate Safari from "locking up"?

M. Milligan