[X4U] Freezing on wakeups

David R.Boag spikedds at bellsouth.net
Tue May 30 21:47:18 PDT 2006

I have another friend who is having frequent freezes on waking his G5
from sleep. Here is the thread to this point:

He wrote:

My Mac has really been acting up lately.  It is a dedicated
video workstation and has got some issues.  Everytime I try and wake
it from sleep I have to reboot.  It is remniscent of some of the old
USB issues that some macs had.  However, I have not changed
anything.  No new software, no new hardware, etc.

I replied:

What machine and OS are you using, Jeff? Give me you machine specs. Does
it
happen ALL the time, i.e. after a fresh restart without opening any
apps?

DRB

He, in turn, replied:

Dual 2ghz processor G5 PowerMac
2 gig of RAM
Can't remember the video card
OS X 10.3?  (Safari, not Panther - isn't Panther the latest?)
160gig main HD
250gig second HD

It happens almost all the time.  The frequently used programs on this
machine are Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio pro, iTunes and Entourage.
Once in a
blue moon I will use iDVD when wanting a quick DVD for evaluation of
cuts.

Yes, this happens almost every time I wake the machine from sleep.

And this problem is new in the last 3 months.  However, like I said,
there
is nothing new on the machine.  No new software or hardware.

Jeff

Any suggestions that I can pass on to him?
--
David R. Boag, DDS
spikedds at bellsouth.net
http://www.southatlantadental.com/