[X4U] DVDs which fail verification

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Wed Nov 1 08:56:14 PST 2006

---- nk <netkat at comcast.net> wrote:
> Once in awhile, I get a DVD which fails the verification part of
> burning.
> is this something I need to take seriously? when I test such "failed"
> discs, I can open, play or view the contents, as the case may be.
>
> What does the failure warning actually mean?

In my understanding, verification compares each bit on your hard drive to each bit that is written to the DVD. If a certain number of bits are different, it fails.

I have had some fail too, and played them in my DVD player just fine. If it's backup data, I probably would reburn. If it is a movie, maybe not.

It's up to you how seriously you should take the warning.
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net