[X4U] Rolling back to 10.4.7

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 1 13:38:54 PST 2006

On 11/01/06, "Matt Gregory" <vdub.grego at gmail.com> wrote:

> The SuperDuper! forum that discusses this problem mentions a workaround of
> reinstalling (using Archive-and-Install) from CD and then updating to
> 10.4.8by downloading a combo upgrade.  I guess the same thing could be
> applied, only use a 10.4.7 combo upgrade (if it's available ... never used one
> myself).  As far as actually rolling back the version in the "undo" sense,
> I'm not sure it's possible.

A clarification. Whenever you do an Archive & Install installation, the
installer puts everything OS-specific into a Previous System folder, and
installs whichever OS X version is listed on the CDs/DVD  that you're using
(e.g., 10.4.3). so, In that respect, it's an undo. Now, if you want to bring it
up to a later version (say 10.4.7), use that COMBO version, which includes all
OS and security updates issued up to that version. Another option is to
maintain a bootable backup of the previous version for at least a month or so
until all the little bugs sort themselves out. Prior to reintalling the backup,
copy things that might have changed, such as the stuff associated with your
browser, mail, financial databases, data, etc. and you should be good to go.