[X4U] G5 goes back to sleep when it shouldnt

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Nov 2 08:09:38 PST 2006

At 7:57 AM -0600 11/2/06, FC Farwell wrote:
>My G5 DP when i wake it up will go back to sleep (right away) 4-5
>times before can keep it awake, i reawaken it each time using the
>keyboard.
>anybody seen this and resolved it?

I've seen it to a lesser extent.  What OS are you running?  When 10.4
came out I temporarily upgraded to it, and enabled the password
locking for when the screensaver comes on, or the system wakes up.
Then when we went back to 10.3.9 I enabled it as well.  Worked fine
under 10.3.9 if I was the only user, but if my wife was also logged
in and tried to wake up the system and go to her side it would go
back to sleep.

My current problem is that I can put my G5 2x2 to sleep, but it won't
do it on its own (I'm still running 10.3.9).

		Zane