[X4U] Firefox question

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sat Nov 4 07:32:07 PST 2006

Allan Rube' wrote:

>>My isp doesn't have the mozilla.firefox newsgroup so I thought I would ask
>>here.
>>My home page is at:
>>
>>http://www.nhbungalow.com/index.html
>>
>>In Safari, Netscape, and IE, the pager looks fine. In Firefox, I see the
>>image on my screen and I have to scroll way to the right to see the text?
>>
>>I use Golive as my web building application and my homepage looks fine
>>there.

Those are lovely photos. I see the problem you are having. It
definitely does that in Safari or other browsers.
I don't know why. But I did discover that under the View menu in
Firefox, choosing "Page Style" gives the option of "No style" or
"Basic Page Style" and if you choose No Style the page becomes a
normal width. Unfortunately, it also removes all your lovely
formatting.

Maybe that's a hint. Firefox appears to be applying some kind of
style, I guess. Or maybe there's some trick in GoLive's CSS that
Firefox doesn't know how to interpret?  Actually,  I just discovered
that SeaMonkey behaves the same as Firefox with that page.

If you made the same page in another html editor, I wonder if you
would get the same result? It appears that the problem is only with
the first page. The others display fine in Firefox for me. I don't
know enough html to see where the problem  might lie, but maybe (??)
it's trying to use all available screen space? If I stretch your home
page as far as my 23" Cinema display (wide screen) will let it, all
the information from the home page is visible at one time.   Can you
preset the total page dimensions anywhere in GoLive?

Daly