[X4U] Getting windows to open properly

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 4 11:40:52 PST 2006

	A piece of Mac behavior irritates me.  It would seem that it should
be possible to change it using Terminal or something.

	When I open a document in an application like Preview or Text Edit,
the window usually opens part way down the screen and away from the
left edge.  This is especially true if it is the second or third item
to open in that application.  I then have to move the window up to
the top against the menu bar and left to the edge of the screen and
then stretch it larger to fit the screen.

	Obviously somewhere in the operating system something dictates where
and how a window opens.  How can I change this to make the window
always open snug to the menu bar, at the left of the screen, and full
sized?

	TIA.

							Peter