[X4U] Streaming video question

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue Nov 7 04:18:48 PST 2006

At 1:16 PM +0200 7/11/06, Lee Licata wrote:
>Chris, great tip. Thanks.
>
>Just tried it with a Youtube movie about steve irwin
>(http://youtube.com/watch?v=5MppLxCVr9k)
>
>When I found the largest file and double-clicked, it downloaded the
>file automatically.
>
>The file was a ".flv" file that quicktime (not the "pro") would not
>play. Safari could not play it either.
>
>Any hint what will?

Hm, I got a .webarchive file when I did this. It is 404 Kb in size.
It plays in a browser window when I double click it, and the URL when
it play is "file.//.....".

I went to the URL above and let the whole video play to the end. Then
I went to Window/Activity, selected the top item (if I clicked the
arrow next to it it showed 50+ subfiles, so I just chose the top
item, and chose File/Save.

How did you do it?

Daly