[X4U] Question on software for Intel Mac's

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Nov 8 19:00:41 PST 2006

Hello,

Execution under Rosetta is slower than native.

MS Office -- Can you type faster than the emulated system can respond. I
can't. So do you use some sort of office advanced feature that is CPU or
graphics intensive. I don't.

Adobe CS Studio -- Yes, you need the speed. Also, consider that Adobe can
take market share (or vice versa) from Quark so there is an incentive to
make their schedule.

I believe that MATLAB is also producing native versions (Beta released Oct
20).

Acrobat is out. I suspect that MS is trying to supplant PDF with a MS
format. If true, explains Acrobat schedule.

The picture will be clearer after Macworld...

John F. Richardson