[X4U] Chicago Font: any sources?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Fri Nov 10 06:55:25 PST 2006

Actually, I'm looking for TWO bits of Mac iconography (in the religious
sense). First is a TT or PS font version of the Chicago typeface. Second is
an image of the paintbrush line art minimalist Mac that was on early Mac
packaging.

I'm doing a project for a Photoshop class that requires me to use only
vector-based elements. That prohibits using bitmapped Chicago (even if I
could still find it). The Mac image I could generate myself (I think) by
creating a vector path around the drawn element.

I'm guessing that either of these, IF available somewhere, would be
copyright-protected, but I'd be using them solely for this private
educational purpose.

Googling turned up no sources for the font. I've not yet begun a search for
the line art. If anyone has ideas where I might obtain either or both, I'd
be VERY grateful.

Jim Robertson